There is a wealth of JRPG’s out there that have mastered the art of complex, engaging turn-based combat. Then equally, there are loads of games out there that have the life simulation format down to a tee. However, we would argue that no other game in existence marries the two formats together with such ease and class. Persona offers quintessential eastern charm in its presentation, refined turn-based combat and dungeon crawling, and has us caring about school exams. That alone should tell you why we started this project, Persona Fans!
We have a team of true Persona Fans who have played all the games within the series, all the spin-off titles, and have played all the Shin Megami Tensei titles as well. Our contributors have seen all the endings, teamed up with all the Personas, and saved the world hidden from the general population more times than we dare to count! In short, if you want to navigate the Midnight Channel, Momentos, and beyond, you are in safe hands!
We aim to offer the most comprehensive Persona database on the web, providing all the info, lore, gossip, and guides you could possibly ask for surrounding this wonderful series. We will delve deep into the most pressing topics of the moment, give you all the pointers you need to ace your classes, and cleanse the world of their inner demons in equal measure. Plus, we will do so in the most inclusive manner possible. Meaning that even if you are a complete novice when it comes to this series or a demon-slaying whizz kid, we have something that will suit you.
Persona Fans has one primary goal, and that is to be the best Persona blog around. We aim to do that through putting trust in our expert writers who double as certified Persona fans. Through this fan-led approach, we can always guarantee articles that are written with first-hand experience. Our articles ooze passion, so if you want keyword stuffed, disingenuous drivel, try the other Persona blogs!
We also aim to be an all-encompassing Persona fansite. Meaning that we won’t just give you the lowdown on Persona 5. We will go all the way back to Shin Megami Tensei Persona and work our way through to the present day, catering for every generation of Persona fans.
What We Offer
Here at Persona fans, we aim to provide a variety of content and a constant stream of content too. Primarily, we will offer in-depth guides, allowing players to get their head around the more complex core mechanics of the games in question, offering hints and tips to rank up personas faster, beat bosses with ease and romance your love interests without the fear of rejection. Plus, we will offer guides such as location guides and character bios.
We have just about anything that a Persona Fan could ask for. We have character guides, Persona guides, location/Palace guides, romance guides and Persona team build guides. We have content that covers the spin-offs and Shin Megami Tensei, and if you want to find out where to pick up some fun merch, or try some new games just like Persona, we have you covered too! It’s content made by Persona Fans, for Persona Fans!
Then on top of this, we will also offer a wealth of opinion-based content where our writers will be given the freedom to express their expert opinion and lay it all out there for your viewing pleasure. We will discuss which game is the best, which characters are the best, which boss battles are the toughest, and much, much more.
How We Operate
When you have a team that is as perfect for the task at hand as we do, you don’t need to stress about things. We operate efficiently thanks to our dedicated writers and contributors who, along with having a wealth of writing and gaming experience, have been playing Persona for as long as they can remember. JRPG’s are their jam and with that in mind, they know what makes Persona such a special series.
Then we also have a dedicated team of editors who check things over, dot the I’s, cross the T’s, and then send the finalized piece out for you all to enjoy.
Then speaking of all of you, we are lucky to have you too. You guys regularly offer suggestions and feedback on our work and we are so thankful. With this feedback, we grow and improve. So with this culmination of dedicated team members and supporters, we operate smoothly as butter.
Our Core Values
Here are the values that we uphold here at Persona Fans:
Now it’s time to meet the team. This group of experienced writers, gamers, and Persona nuts have banded together to make up the numbers here at Persona fans. They are superstars when it comes to creating gripping content and they know what it means to balance school life and demon-slaying. We love our team here and we reckon you will too. Here is our team:
Cody is a writer who discovered the Persona series about 10 years ago. As a huge Pokemon fan growing up, he was recommended to check it out on his PSP. He started with the very first game and when in sequential order before catching up with Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden cemented his love for the series. He was proud to be able to eventually spread his passion into the Shin Megami Tensei series and be there in time for the launch of Persona 5, which is one of his favorite games of all time.
Cody has been in the video game business as part of media and content creation for more than 10 years. During that time, he has contributed and even led some of the largest sites in the world dedicated to gaming and entertainment. He has also dabbled some in PR and was a tester for Activision in the past working on the Call of Duty series. When not playing Persona games or writing about them, he enjoys cooking, sharpening his Japanese skills, and watching the latest anime shows.
- Favorite Persona Game: Persona 5 Royal
- Favorite Other Atlus Game: Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse and Radiant Historia
- An Atlus Gem That Feels Like Only They Have Played: Radiant Historia (Literal masterpiece)
- Best Persona Moment: The entire epilogue act of Persona 5 Royal.
- Most Recent Persona Game They’ve Played (January 2022): Persona 5 Strikers
- Persona Hot Take: Persona 4 Golden is a great game, for sure, (and the best Vita title!) but it is weaker than Persona 3 in terms of characters, story, and setting, and weaker than Persona 5 in terms of characters, gameplay, and quality-of-life features.
Charissa is a self-proclaimed crazy cat lady and otaku who usually fills her days with anime, manga, movies, and JRPGs. Her passion for anime began in childhood as she grew up watching B’t X, Super Boink, Saint Tail, and Sailor Moon. Some of her favorite titles are Elfen Lied, No. 6, Kill la Kill, and Overlord. She keeps tabs on upcoming anime figure releases when she’s not watching or playing, as she’s been an anime figure collector for 6 years
- Persona Game: Persona 3 Portable
- Favorite Other Atlus Game: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army
- Favorite Character: Shinjiro Aragaki
- Best Persona Moment: When Akechi sacrifices himself to save the Phantom Thieves in Persona 5
- Most Used Persona: Parvati (due to healing skills)
- Persona Hot Take: The best JRPG in a modern setting for the last 2 decades
At the bright young age of nine years old, Eoin played his first-ever video game and has never looked back, turning his passion into a profession. Despite investing serious time into Esports, Eoin always found himself returning to narrative-driven games, vowing to one day make it as a narrative designer himself. This love of RPG’s and JRPG’s naturally led Eoin to the Persona and Shin Megami Tensei series, a series that he has absorbed like a sponge and regularly returns to. It’s basically dark and gritty Pokemon on steroids, what’s not to love?
- Favorite Persona Game: Persona 5R
- Favorite Other Atlus Game: Persona 4 Golden
- Favorite Character: Yusuke Kitagawa
- Best Persona Moment: Killing Yaldabaoth in Persona 5
- Most Used Persona: Izanagi
- Persona Hot Take: The Persona dancing games are some of the best rhythm games ever made.
Seth is a writer for Persona Fans. RPGs have always been his favorite gaming genre. Persona 3 was his first introduction to the world of Persona, but he’s spent the most time in the dungeons of the Midnight Channel in Persona 4, palling around with Teddie. When not playing Persona, Seth often returns to Stardew Valley for a cozy gaming session, or to one of the harsh and unforgiving Wastelands in Fallout. Seth is also a keen guitarist and has a love for music as a whole, it’s rare you ever see him not bopping around the room with headphones on.
- Favorite Persona Game: Persona 4 Golden
- Favorite Other Atlus Game: Catherine
- Favorite Character: Chie Satonaka
- Best Persona Moment: Trying Chie and Yukiko’s curry during the camping trip
- Most Used Persona: Pyro Jack
- Persona Hot Take: Persona 3’s plot is the weakest in the series
Victor enjoys helping players learn more about games and helping them out of difficult situations. He also enjoys providing new information and tactics that other websites may not cover, making him a brilliant guide to Shibuya. While he spends most of his time on video games, you can find him organizing improv activities or going to the gym in his spare time, as well as helping local organizations with volunteer efforts.
- Favorite Persona Game: Persona 5 Royal
- Favorite Other Atlus Game: Shin Megami Tensei
- Favorite Character: Rise Kujikawa
- Best Persona Moment: Summoning Satanael against Yaldabaoth
- Most Used Persona: Jack Frost
- Persona Hot Take: Marie in P4G was not a bad character
Story Driven games have always been Justin’s jam, and this naturally led to him becoming a seasoned JRPG veteran. His standout favorites include Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Persona, and this love of JRPGs makes him a handy companion, whether you need a hand navigating Momentos, or just want to hit Shibuya for some Ramen. Justin is also a podcaster when the notion takes him, but even he would admit that it’s just a vehicle to shoot the breeze with his pals.
- Favorite Persona Game: Persona 5 Royal
- Favorite Other Atlus Game: Persona 4 Golden or Dragon’s Crown (never had it but played a lot at a friend’s.)
- Favorite Character: Kanji. Close second Ryuji
- Best Persona Moment: Running to fight Maruki while “I Believe” plays in the background in Persona 5 Royal.
- Most Used Persona: White Rider
- Persona Hot Take: Persona 5 Royal is the greatest game from the PS4 generation.
We hope that your time here is a blast, that it’s informative and we hope that our content serves you well next time you face off against a raging demon.